Senior Food Manufacturing Mechanical Design Engineer- Geelong
- Full time, permanent position
- $145k Package + 10% Bonus + Vehicle
- Monday- Friday, Day shift
- MUST HAVE Experience in Food Manufacturing Machinery or similar
- MUST be citizen or PR
- WFH 2-3 Days a week
We are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a strong background in fixed plant machinery design and development. Our client, a national manufacturer of food products are looking for someone to join the development, design and Innovation team and support the PM's and Maintenance team in the end to end continuous improvement and delivery of viable solutions.
- Scoping and conceptual development of mechanical solutions
- Development of the viable and feasible mechanical solutions to improve the efficiency of systems and infrastructure
- Executing and managing projects from concept to commissioning
- Carrying out commissioning and performance testing
- Providing mechanical and technical support during all phases of the project
- Providing mechanical and technical support to the maintenance team, either as part of planned maintenance activities or assisting in breakdowns (including root cause analysis and reliability engineering)?
- Engaging with and managing external consultants as required for specific mechanical expertise
- Providing engineering quality assurance functions including checking of design work
- Inspecting and reporting on the condition of rail mounted mobile machines, such as shiploaders
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or similar with studies in materials handling
- 5 years experience in bulk materials handling, gained in agriculture or a related industry (mining, processing industries, manufacturing, etc.)
- Desirable; Specific experience in the design, installation and operation of chutes, screws/augers, belt conveyors, bucket elevators, storage systems (bins and silos), sampling and weighing of materials and systems for handling artefacts.
- Experience obtained through the life-cycle of projects, from conceptual development, preliminary/detailed design, construction, commissioning, operation, and decommissioning
- Site based experience including trouble-shooting, installation and operation of mechanical equipment, commissioning support
If you have the experience outlined above and are interested in this role or similar, please APPLY NOW or contact Aisling Kidney directly on 0468875322