Design Manager - Tier 2 Contractor | $150 - $180k + Super & Benefits | Work on major Government projects
- Family orientated business
- Be a valued member of senior management in a growing team
- Fantastic Tier 2 contractor
About the Company:
My client is a well-respected, family orientated organisation, with a fantastic reputation in the market built up over the past 30 years. Due to continued success, and progressive growth, my client is seeking an experienced Design manager to join their growing team. With projects varying from $1 - $50 Million, across multiple sectors, this is an exciting opportunity for a candidate seeking a long-term career opportunity. The job role will be working closely with the Engineering Director overseeing Design and Construct of major projects across multiple sectors. My client is extremely diverse in their skill set and projects the work across, including - Rail, Government, Heritage, Roads and Bridges.
- Oversee and be across delivery, methodology, tender design and implementation and design completion for Design and Construct projects
- Being an integral part of the business, interfacing with stakeholders and liaising with the senior engineering team to ensure successful delivery
- Maintain client relationships
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate;
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales; and
- Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
- Design administration of the project objections to ensure the Client's Principal Project Requirements (PPRs) are satisfied;
- Project programming, planning and financial reporting on monthly basis in regard to design project status.
- Managing the design process using his/her commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise;
To be considered for the role you will need:
- Bachelor and/or Master's Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or similar
- Minimum 10 years'+ Experience in a Design Management Role for a major civil, Rail or Commercial Builder
- Experience within the ECI (Early Contractor Involvement) and Tender Phase as well as the Construction Phase on Government projects
- Project Management Experience demonstrating Time, Cost and Scope understanding
- Demonstrated experience in functional briefs, consultant scopes and engagements
- Experience over various building types in excess of $25M in value.
- A proven background of delivering government, building and/or Civils projects or Design Co-ordinator experience of Commercial projects with values of minimum $30Million.
- Sufficient understanding of each of the consultants' disciplines to lead, manage and challenge the design team
- Work on interesting projects including - Sydney Metro
- Negotiable salary based on experience up to $180k + Super & Benefits
- Feel a valued member of senior management team in an organisation
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please click 'Apply Now' or call Stuart on 02 82035487.