Safety Officer - Eastern Creek
Our client is a fully integrated recycling and resource management company that provides solutions across the entire waste management supply chain in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.
They are currently looking for a skilled and experienced Safety Officer to Join them on a full-time permanent basis.
As the Safety Officer your primary aim is to assist in the compliance with Safety guidelines within the Safety Management system including implementation and management of the safety program across their Eastern Creek Recycling operations site.
In return you will receive a great package including car allowance and superannuation contributions.
- Assist in the management, maintenance and support of the Work Health & Safety (WHS) components
- Ensure that rigorous WHS audits and inspections are conducted as per agreed schedule, and that appropriate risk identification, assessment and control measures are in place
- Work with leaders to develop an understanding of and responsibility for managing safety issues
- Review WHS requirements for proposed and existing contractors to ensure due diligence
- Assist in risk management process as requested and evaluate controls for effectiveness
- Proactive engage with frontline leaders, team members to provide guidance and support the implementation of risk management controls
- Assist in incident management and incident investigations
- Assist in facilitating alcohol and drug testing where required
- Identify activities and/or workplace conditions that may pose a risk to the health and safety of our workers. Take appropriate and timely actions to identified risk is managed
- Any other duty as reasonably directed by safety manager
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Relevant qualifications and/or prior experience in a similar role
- conducting safety audits
- analysis and interpretation of safety data
- running safety initiatives as well as the evaluation of outcomes
- proficient with Microsoft Office packages
- ability to prepare and present training sessions
- Demonstrated experience in, or strong knowledge of management systems including ISO 45001 or similar
- An understanding of the waste/recycling industry
- Experience with ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and ISO 9001 Quality Management System highly regarded
If you meet the above criteria please click 'apply now'