My client is an exciting, highly regarded, Tier 3 contractor who deliver projects across infrastructure, rail and transport, utilities and energy industry sectors. They have a strong pipeline of projects in Sydney for years to come.
This company is growing rapidly due to winning this latest tender, therefore promotion opportunities will open up over the coming 18 months. If you are looking to move in to a senior position then this type of company is exactly where the growth from the current boom will occur. If you have infrastructure, rail and transport, utilities and energy experience and want to move to company that has ability to grow then and offer a step upwards, then this is the time to apply.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Liaise with, staff, sub-contractors and suppliers, by suitably monitoring, and controlling performance and meeting project deliverables.
- Understand the contract, scopes of works, engineering specifications and drawings, and identify variations under the contract to any of the commercial and/or technical requirements.
- Manage Quality Assurance for the project
- Convey construction information to company management including statistics, budget information, personnel and sub-contractor performance, and contribute to company strategic plans and reviews
- Resolve problems and identify construction management system improvements.
- Oversee and assist in acquiring subcontractor, supplier and vendor quotations.
- Oversee and assist in the preparation, checking or measuring of schedules or bills of quantities.
- Assess the risks and opportunities in the construction of the project, both technically and commercially.
- Meet construction budgets and timeframes through implementation of suitable controls, monitoring, managing, and reporting.
- Resolve design issues, evaluate and implement change orders.
- Provide planning and logistical support.
- Participate in various company improvement forums, e.g. lessons learnt, procedural reviews etc.
Successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary Qualification -Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent
- Must have 5 years' (minimum) relevant experience in a management capacity within the civil industry.
- Technical knowledge to be able to read and understand civil, structural and services drawings.
- Manage and raise technical queries.
- Communication and organisational skills.
- Commercially aware.
- Knowledge of construction scheduling and sequencing.
- Manage budgets for subcontractors/ suppliers.
If you have the above skills and experience please press the apply button now! Or email your CV