One of Australia's largest and most diverse building material manufacturers, housing some of Australia's best-known building material brands. Founded over 100 years ago they have a well-established national presence with manufacturing and sales facilities in every state. It has long been at the forefront of product innovation and efficient, sustainable production. The introduction of robotic and automated equipment and the ongoing pursuit of energy and resource efficiencies.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Fitter and Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for safely and efficiently performing emergency, project and preventative maintenance of machinery and equipment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Promote a Zero Harm safety culture and comply with Company Policies
- Consult and Work with others across the site to achieve results
- Perform preventative maintenance in a timely, cost effective manner
- Proactively identify, diagnose and repair breakdowns
- Actively participate and assist in equipment upgrades and installations
- Contribute to continuous improvement projects and activities
- Participate in Toolbox Talks, actively taking part to resolve operational and WHSE issues
- Identify and maintain the maintenance spare parts and consumables inventory.
Attributes for success:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Trade Qualified in a Mechanical discipline
- Demonstrated safety knowledge and compliance in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to follow plans and schedules
- A high level of integrity and respect for others
- Sound problem solving abilities and strong attention to detail
- A proactive and flexible approach - nothing is a hassle for you!
- Intermediate PC skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in SAP PM or similar CMMS
- Monday to Thursday: 06:00am - 2:30pm; Friday: 06:00am to 12:00pm
- With opportunity to work overtime!
- You will also need to be flexible to cover shifts as needed - including nights and weekends on occasions.
Rewards & Benefits:
- Attractive hourly rate, super + EBA allowances + O/T
- Future career progression opportunities
- A highly supportive and diverse work environment.
If you have the experience outlined above and are interested in this role or similar, please contact Ashley Simkins with your resume and contact details. Or alternatively call Ashley Simkins 0432696268