We are currently working with an Australian grown business founded over 30 years ago. The group originally specialised in structural and design engineering working across both commercial and residential markets.
They recently experienced rapid growth and aim to not only maintain this level of output but improve on it. This rapid growth stemmed from their innovation around structural walling which is currently their key product created through plastic extrusion Technology. They want to continue to grow and the market response to this product has allowed them to do so.
As the Logistics Manager your responsibility is to manage and coordinate all activities related to the effective and efficient operation of warehouse and distribution facilities ensuring all deliveries are made in full on time. This includes but is not limited to:
- Oversee and manage dispatch, warehouse, receiving and distribution of product and accessories - local, interstate and international
- Manage all Inventory and stocktake of all Dincel facilities against cycle-count plan
- Ensure distribution cost per m2 of product is at or below budget levels
- Manage, oversee, and develop internal and external dispatch staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the efficient and accurate receipt, storage and dispatch of products and accessories.
- Direct, optimise and coordinate material outbound processes from scheduling to delivery
- Supervise, coach and train Dispatch teams in achieving operational strategy
- Ensure all dispatch process meets cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Working proactively with various departments to realise efficiencies and manage expectations
- Review and propose contract negotiations with suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements
- Keep track of quality, quantity and stock levels of all products
- Maintain efficient use of storage yards and products
- Oversee the accurate execution of internal transfers to remote branches
- Coordinate maintenance for material handling equipment
Receiving & Inventory Management
- Oversee and facilitate product returns quickly and effectively.
- Conduct regular checks of the visual quality of products coming into the warehouse and manage the QC report in accordance with our quality management system.
- Ensure that regular stock takes and cycle counts are carried out and all findings are documented, reported and filed.
- Receiving and distributing of inbound goods.
- Organise and execute delivery schedules:
- Coordinate trucks to fulfil internal and external delivery commitments
- Coordinate and mange pickups of orders
- Identify payment issues for scheduled deliveries.
- Plan load sequences.
- Ensure commitments are met.
- Report discrepancies to the appropriate department
- Verify freight contractor invoices for final approval by manager
- Coordinate drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys to ensure deliveries and pickups are executed on-time.
If you have the experience outlined above and are interested in this role or similar, please contact Ashley Simkins with your resume and contact details. Or alternatively call Ashley Simkins on 02 8203 5448