The company operates three factories across Australia, each with state-of-the-art Moulding machines for the manufacture of Polyethylene & High-Density Polyethylene products. In addition to the original equipment manufacturing division, they also offers consultation and servicing relative products.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Product Development Engineer will be a pivotal position in developing, new innovative product and enhancing existing products to meet market and industry needs. Working with the development team and external resources you will be responsible for managing the design, prototyping, and testing of various products. You will work though continual development to roll out for long-term production. You will take a leading role in the development of each product category including but not limited to the development and execution of brand and product line strategies, product line maintenance, product marketing, pricing, new product commercialization, market research, product merchandising, advertising, and trade events.
- Development of existing product to ensure compliance with industry standard
- Research and project management, testing and analysis of emerging products.
- Product Bill of Materials
- Product compliance with Australian Standards and regulatory guidelines
- Work effectively across all functional areas of the organization particularly sales, product development, communications and marketing.
- Analise the market for new product development while tracking, recording and reporting on industry changes associated with product development.
- Assist and drive the development of appropriate promotional programs / materials - demonstration models (medium's) brochures, price lists, training materials.
- Control product development related expenses against budget and evaluate the effectiveness of promotional activity.
- Assist with marketing strategies to aid in product launch activities.
- Produce generic and product/project specific drawings to assist the sales team
- Draft and formalise product specific supportive documentation.
- Previous experience in product development desirable but not mandatory
- High level of proficiency with AutoCad, Revit, Bluebeam (Solidworks)
- Graduate / Engineering degree, civil, environmental, hydraulic experience
- Sound understanding of WSUD Principals, proficiency in MUSIC Modelling preferred
- Experience drafting bill of materials and production ITPs etc.
- Experience in industrial marketing programs demonstrating success with driving growth in new product innovations but not mandatory
If you have the experience outlined above and are interested in this role or similar, please contact Ashley Simkins with your resume and contact details. Or alternatively call Ashley Simkins 0432696268