Our client is a global leader in offering leading solar EPC solutions in not only Australia but the world. The company provides EPC services for utility-scale solar, floating solar, hybrid & energy storage and waste-to-energy solutions
Due to a peak in workload and a number of projects wins they are looking for a HSE advisor for a 6-month contract in Chinchilla with the potential to extend.
This position is a DIDO role with working 10 days on 4 days off.
With the philosophy of safety being the presence of effective controls, this role's purpose is to assist in the prevention of harm to people and the environment through risk management and the implementation and assurance of the Health, Safety and Environmental management plan/s across the project.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, your role will include but not limited to:
- Working alongside the leadership team to promote and drive a strong safety culture
- Ensure all high-risk construction work is undertaken in accordance with safe work methods statements.
- Complete required project reports (daily/weekly/monthly) and submit within the required time frame.
- Actively participate in regular (weekly) safety meetings with subcontractor representatives and issue minutes of meeting and interface with Project Staff and each Subcontractor Safety Representatives relating to safety regulations to ensure proper compliance.
Furthermore, you will be tasked with tasks that include but not limited to
- Conduct reviews of the HSE aspects of the Subcontractors evaluation and pre-qualification process.
- Conduct reviews of the HSE aspects of the Onboarding of Subcontractors process
- Conduct reviews of the HSE aspects of the Subcontractors performance and execution of the Contract deliverables and On-boarding requirements through the visibility of reports, audits and inspections.
It is expected that you will have the following qualifications
- Diploma in in WHS
- ICAM accreditation
- Training and Assessor
- Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator
- Workplace Drug Testing
- Internal Auditor Safety Management Systems. (Desirable)
In addition, The desired experience for this position:
- 5 years HSE, with 4 years similar role with a Principal Contractor
- Stakeholder management of Client, Regulator and Unions
- Experience with Civil, Mechanical and Electrical construction
- Activity assurance/inspections
- Subcontractor Management
- Rehabilitation and Return to Work CCoordinator
What to do now
If you think this position is for you then APPLY now. Alternatively get in contact with Dylan Smith at Core Talent on 07 3120 0825 or