My client has an exciting opportunity for a Transaction Monitoring Specialist to join their team. The ideal candidate will come from a heavy analytical background - focusing on fraudulent payments (Financial Crime).
Working closely with the Finance Manager, this role is responsible for data analysis, stock taking and monitoring fraudulent activity.
The data analysis is integral to monitoring of transactional activity and the role includes thorough investigation and follow up when fraud or policy breaches are detected.
The role has exposure to other teams within the business, with opportunities to work on numerous strategic projects that they are currently undertaking.
- Ability and willingness to learn and understand fraudulent transactional activity
- Prepare, update and review stocktake reports and summaries
- Maintain and reconcile invoices
- Work with the company to capture future requirements and assist in the development of appropriate reports
- Develop, prepare, and assist in continuously minimising transactional risks
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile, define variances, and propose solutions that allow informed decisions to be made
- Provide strategic analytical support, focusing on risk mitigation and efficiency
- Assist with the management of key risk-based reporting
- Ensure all processes are documented using clear and concise language
- CPA/CA qualified or working towards is beneficial but not essential
- Australian PR or Citizens only (as this role is permanent)
- Effective communication skills for both explaining results and in working with management to prioritise workload
- Ability to work with strong attention to detail, providing clear and concise outcomes
- Adhere to practical risk-based solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to teamwork and maintaining a collaborative and supportive environment
- Experience in Retail would be an advantage
- Advanced MS Excel skills are essential and preferable systems experience with applications running on an Analysis server e.g. TRS or Power BI is desirable
If you would like to apply for this role please do so via the link